The Gay Agenda: Longwood University's Pride Club Newsletter

Hi everyone!!

Well, we made it to the end of break!  I hope everyone had a wonderful time off, and if you haven’t, I hope things improve for you.  I know everyone’s been missing Self Care Saturdays/Sundays, so I’ve made a mini master post with a variety of self-help things:

Here’s Asmrion which is a small compilation of popular ASMR sounds.  If that doesn’t work for you Youtube’s got you covered.

Didn’t work?  Fear not, you might like progressive relaxation combined with some good old Rainymood.

One of my favorite places on the internet is TheQuietPlaceProject.com but I seem to be having some issues in having it load on my computer.

You relaxed now?  Cool, cool.  Now, what were five things that you enjoyed about today?  Or, if your day was awful, what are five things you were grateful for?  For me, my list included being able to sleep longer, spend time with my partner, take some time for hobbies I haven’t been able to do in a while, and of course, coffee.  Some days it can be a struggle to even think of five things, but at least for a moment you can realize that not absolutely everything is horrible.

If you’re going through a hard time right now, I hope you all know to reach out to your fellow Pridelings*.  We’re here for you.  If your life is going fabulously right now– good for you!! Please keep going and if you have a moment, find a way to make someone else smile today.  Chances are, someone needs it.

*Don’t feel like talking to an actual person?  Try an AI; Replika.  Replika is more than happy to listen to you vent for hours on end, and the more you talk to it, the more it “learns” and begins to sound like a real person.  While it learns about you, it also begins to suggest self-care methods depending on your situation.  For iOS and Andriod

So you’re relaxed, you’ve gotten your very own Black Mirror plot device, but you still feel kinda bad.,, come to think of it, you’ve felt bad for a while now.  What now?  Well, you could start tracking your moods with Emood or Daylio or, frankly, any of the hundreds of journal apps out there.  I generally only recommend what I have personally tried, or what has come highly recommended by other Pridelings.  So, send me those suggestions!

Alright, that’s all I have for today guys.  I hope your break was wonderful and that we all finish off this semester strong!

Peace, love, and rainbows,

Whit

Tag Cloud