Rhetorical Analysis

Reflection

Through the completion of the Rhetorical Analysis, the fifth learning outcome was achieved. This learning outcome stated that the student should be able to “analyze the effectiveness of their own texts and processes for specific rhetorical situations”. While at first for this project we were analyzing the effectiveness of another’s text, through the use of an artifact, the Rhetorical Analysis challenged me to analyze my own process for writing. In having to explain another person’s work, I had to ensure that my own rhetoric was as clear and concise as possible. I also had to analyze my own writing to ensure that I remained impartial while presenting the three logical appeals because this was not intended to be persuasive. This was a challenge for me especially while writing about the pathos appeal. I felt like I became an advocate for people struggling with Opioid addiction in the process of writing the Rhetorical Analysis. This assignment required me to become an active citizen. After reading many reputable artifacts on how bad the Opioid crisis is, I felt a burning desire to educate others about the facts and risks of addiction.

Rhetorical Analysis