Common Good Project

Reflection

The Common Good Project is my personal favorite of all the assignments shared. My group and I chose to complete our project on America’s opioid addiction epidemic. The Common Good Project, while challenging, was very rewarding upon completion. The Common Good Project satisfied multiple course outcomes. The first was the third outcome, which stated that the student will be able to “choose appropriate formats in writing for a variety of purposes”. The Common Good Project required a website, brochure, and a rationale statement. Each of these documents, which all had the same overarching subject, had different purposes. Therefore, the rhetoric used was different. For the brochure, the information had to be very concise and straight to the point. However, in the rationale statement, we were able to go into greater depth about our strategies implemented. The second, and final, course objective accomplished was objective five. Outcome five states that the student will be able to “understand how the knowledge, skills, and values learned in general education are interwoven and interrelated, and how they can contribute to the process of citizen leadership”. Although English 400 was a general education class, I learned skills, through the Common Good Project, that will hold value in my specialization. The first is communication. The nature of this project, considering it is a group project, required open, fast, and honest communication between the group members and myself. This project contributed to the building of citizen leadership because we each had a part in the project that we took ownership of. For example, I oversaw finding much of the statistical evidence to include in the website. This allowed me to have extensive knowledge about just how dangerous Opioid Addiction was. While another group member oversaw finding resources to help. This gave them a passion to want to go out and help someone struggling.

Website

https://sites.google.com/view/lancersagainstaddiction

Brochure

Loader Loading...

Download [130.92 KB]

Rationale Statement