Hello world!

Welcome to my blog!♥

Get to Know Me – Biography

Hello again, I would like to share a few things about myself.  My name is Emily J. Mothersbaugh and I have lived in Virginia for most of my life. I always knew I would go to a university in Virginia, but had no idea where until late 2015. I started playing soccer at age 3, as most kids do, but continued on to competitive teams until I decided to look to play in college. I can thank soccer for introducing me to Longwood University, but the campus itself and atmosphere produced by professors and students is the largest factor keeping me here (there are many).

My time at Longwood began in August of 2017, when I arrived for preseason, and since then I have not wanted to leave. All of my classes first and second semester were extremely interesting and have motivated me to try things I had never even thought of. My journey at Longwood so far hasn’t been too long, but it has been full of activities and life changing decisions. For example, the courses I took first semester peaked my interest in Psychology, leading me to take PSYC 331, which then inspired me to declare a Psychology minor,  something I would not have thought about on my own. I also rediscovered my appreciation and love for math, which is something I had lost during high school but am thankful to have regained.

Before Longwood, I attended Loudoun County High School, where I played Varsity soccer all four years, and participated in Latin Club and Art Club. Based on this, it is obvious that I enjoy drawing, painting, and exercising. A few other things I enjoy include baking, hiking, going to the beach, and working with animals. Previously, I volunteered at Petsmart’s Cat Care Center, as well as a local miniature pony farm that housed around 25 horses. One of the main reasons I love Longwood so much is because of the unique backgrounds that its students come from; on the soccer team and in the Cormier Honors College, I have met individuals who have similar interests, as well as polar opposite ones.

I have already found forever friends at Longwood, and have developed a greater sense of appreciation for education. Each class that I have completed so far has been nothing short of interesting, and challenged me to push myself in directions I didn’t know I could or would ever go. I have learned to apply school to life better than I ever had before, and interpret things for my own. I feel like overall Longwood has helped me to think for myself, something that everyone should do, and I am excited to grow at this school over the next few years.