About Me

Hi all!

My name is Melinda Traylor, and I am striving to become an elementary education teacher. I am currently a student at Longwood University, where I am majoring in Liberal Studies, with a minor in children’s literature. 

My strongest attributes in the field of teaching is my flexibility and my roll as a team player and leader. In high school, I held several leadership positions while also working in a day care. I bring an abundance of experience working with children and in a classroom setting to the table. While at Longwood, I  was placed in a second grade and a first grade classroom where I was able to gain teaching experience.

Throughout my work experiences, I have strived to go above and beyond the required responsibilities to make sure people are satisfied.  I believe that is philosophy can be applied in the classroom as well. I will strive to be that teacher that students can feel comfortable coming to for help and in times of need. I will go above and beyond to give students a good outlook on school, make it enjoyable and educational, and have parents as involved in their student’s education as much as possible. With this combination, it will insure that each one of my students are as successful as they can possibly be. 

Just another Longwood Blogs site