Bashing Bullying

Recently there has been a video that has gone viral of a young boy talking about how cruel bullying is and his experience of being bullied. (http://wreg.com/2017/12/11/knoxville-boys-facebook-video-about-bullying-goes-viral/) The video had been viewed over 20 million times before he even made it back to school the next Monday morning. Celebrities and pro sports players all over the world have responded to this video, supporting this boy and other who have been bullied. The support from all of these people might help the young boy stand up to the bullies, or at least give him the strength to see that he is stronger that what they do to him. However, not all children who are bullied see things that way.

Over the years there have been many cases of suicide, where the child has taken their own life because of bullying. No child should ever have that thought. Bullying should be something that is nonexistent. Everyone is different, and we should not be shamed for that. If we were all the same, the world would be a very boring and not a unique place. The phasing out of bullying starts with not only parents, but also teachers in the classroom. As a future teacher myself, bullying is something I WILL NOT tolerate in my classroom! Bullying stops with me.

~Melinda Traylor