Formal Report

Reflection: The formal report that my partner and I did was a document based on the hotel industry where we had to create our own hotel. We based the formal report off three hotel websites that exist around the world and then we had to create our own hotel. The three hotels that we chose to talk about were the Hilton, Westin, and Holiday Inn. The hotel that my partner and I created was Sunny Dayz Hotel. While doing this formal report, I learned about many documents that I have never written before. This document also relates to a lot of course outcomes. The first outcome is that we had to analyze and produce writing genres commonly found in the professional world (e.g., business, gov., media). This concept relates to the formal report because in the document we had sections in it where we had to analyze the three hotels and compare them all based on their visual appeal, content, and user-friendliness. It was really interesting looking at each of the hotel’s websites and comparing them to see which one would be more appealing to the customers. Formal reports are important documents that are used in businesses and I think it was appropriate that we learned how to create one of our own. The next course outcome that the formal report relates to is conduct research to create content for a variety of professional documents (memos, letters, reports, etc.). This was displayed in the formal report when we had to search each website and get information from them. In order to create this report, we needed all the information from the three hotels in order to do the analysis part of this document. The next course outcome was to create professional documents that uses design —standard formats, layout, use of graphics, etc. Throughout this document, my partner and I were constantly thinking about the formatting, layout, and the graphics we wanted to use. We wanted to make sure that the report was formatted properly, the layout was appropriate, and the use of graphics were relative to our information that we gathered. The last course outcome that relates is to practice oral communication skills to present content effectively (enhanced with multimedia tools). Besides completing this formal report, we also had to do a presentation based on the information that we conducted. My partner and I had to create a powerpoint presentation and talk about Sunny Dayz Hotel and who we were consulted by. We also had to include the analysis’s on each of the three hotels that we were going off of. My partner and I had to work together to create this professional document and to present it to our peers and professor. Overall, we worked very well together and got everything accomplished that we needed to get done. There were some challenges that we each encountered throughout the formal report, but we worked together to complete this document to the best of our ability and we were successful in the process to fulfill all the requirements needed.

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download [1.79 MB]