HONS 320: Markets and Morals

I took Dr. Blincoe’s Markets and Morals class my fall 2019 semester. When the class was introduced on the first day of class I was weary because it involved a lot of reading and I’m not a big reader. However, as the course went on I began to enjoy the material we were learning and the reading became easier. I really loved the way Dr. Blincoe taught the class because it made topics like democracy, economic classes, etc., quite interesting to learn. I’m glad I took the class because it taught me things I was never taught in high school that I feel like I needed to know about. For example, it was intimidating on the first day when he mentioned socialism because I had never even been taught what socialism was.

Overall, I recommend this class to anyone interested in honors or even those not in honors who want to learn something interesting. I once told Dr. Blincoe I really enjoy his classes because being a math major means you’re doing math all day every day and a nice mental break from math to learn something new is very refreshing.

The paper I attached is one of my three personal reflections. This paper was answering the question of “what is a ‘good life’ to you?” I really liked these papers because they allowed us to really think about it and we were given a good grade no matter what our opinion was as long as it was sound and met the given requirements. I personally do not mind papers but I tend to be more creative than proper. Hence, I would much rather write a paper like this than a research paper!

This entry was posted in Classes. Bookmark the permalink.