CTZN 110

This was my first honors course at Longwood. I was in the section called “bodies and citizens” and the class taught me a lot about a woman’s body and her rights throughout history. This class was a real learning experience for me because I had never taken any course quite like it in high school. I remember thinking, “wow, in high school teachers aren’t allowed to teach explicit information like this..” However, after I got used to the whole “you’re in college, the professors can teach whatever they want,” I really enjoyed learning new things about women’s rights in this course.

For my final project, I had to create my own course which was related to our own. I enjoyed exploring a topic that interested me and being able to teach that topic to the class. I decided my course would be about “Women’s Rights Activists Throughout History.” I taught on 7 different women dating back as early as the 1700s to today. My classmates seemed to enjoy the presentation almost as much as I enjoyed presenting it. Overall, it was a great class and I would suggest it to everyone in honors.

This entry was posted in Classes. Bookmark the permalink.