Hello! My name is Alyssa DiMarino and I am a junior Communication Sciences and Disorder major. My dream job is an audiologist because I want to be able to do hearing test for people and help them find ways to improve their hearing whether it is by fitting them for hearing aids, hearing therapy, or referring them to a surgeon. Throughout my childhood, I was exposed to the hard of hearing and deaf world through my cousin, Jordan, who is almost completely deaf. She has hearing aids and uses American Sign Language in order to communicate. I want to be able to help others with their hearing deficits and I would like to either work in a hospital specializing with pediatrics or in the school system working with children from elementary to high school.
This ePorfolio is my final exam for my English 400 class. Throughout my blog, I have tabs that lead you to the major assignments I have done throughout the semester as well as a reflection for each one. I feel like I have been able to accomplish each learning outcome for this class through paying attention in lecture and applying them to my class assignments. Throughout the semester, I have done course journals on specific readings and class materail, a rhetorical analysis paper on analyzing a specific artifact, and a common good project on suicide awareness to bring awareness to the community. Below, you will see the course learning outcomes and I feel like I have been able to grasps them pretty well through the course work I have done. I now feel more confident in addressing issues within society in order to make a change happen as well as how to present my argument to my audience effectively.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Engage in the process of citizen leadership by investigating multiple perspectives on important public issues;
- Understand the nature of public discourse/debate as determined by purpose, audience, and context’
- Choose appropriate formats in writing for a variety of purposes
- Analyze the effectiveness of their own texts and processes for specific rhetorical situations;
- Understand how the knowledge, skills, and values learned in general education are interwoven and interrelated, and how they can contribute to the process of citizen leadership