Home > Uncategorized > Day 23 — New Crypto Hash #3

Day 23 — New Crypto Hash #3

November 8th, 2020

Hey, all! Welcome to CryptoCL.

The cryptographic hash algorithm is complete. It’s not the best or most secure, but the input is being successfully encrypted.

I changed my permutation algorithm to check the substituted number. If the number is between 64 and 91 (A-Z in ASCII), then the value of the unsigned int pointer n at i will be changed to the BLAKE2s SIGMA value at row i mod 10, and column of the value of the unsigned int pointer o mod 16 + 64. This plus 64 will help the new value of n at i to be at least A. Otherwise, it’s the same value of BLAKE2s SIGMA, but with an addition 96.

The program now splits the message into 16 byte blocks, substitutes each individual byte, permutes each byte, and substitutes again, and repeats until finally printing out the result.

One issue that arises of the algorithm security-wise is that, when the remaining bytes are zeroed out, and whenever you run the program with zeroed out bytes, you will easily be able to see which bytes are zeroes. There’s a specific pattern that appears regardless of the message at the end of the last 16 byte block with zeroes.

However, I am quite proud of my algorithm. Although it’s not the best, the letters are changed depending on their location, which means it will be difficult to crack in a marginally short amount of time, at least by hand.

Tomorrow, I am speaking with Dr. Marmorstein to discuss incorporating OpenCL into the algorithm. I feel pretty good about this!

Until next time!

Kyle Jenkins

Time spent today: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 33 hours 30 minutes

Categories: Uncategorized Tags: ,