Home > Uncategorized > Day 3 — Set Up Complete

Day 3 — Set Up Complete

Hi, all. Welcome back to ICOC.

Today was the day I worked to try and identify and solve why some of the tests for the header files of OpenCL failed to work. After digging through the files, the error was simply that I was not compiling the files correctly.

In retrospect, compiling every file individually and running these files to see if they passed was not a good choice. I went to Dr. Robert Marmorstein for advice, as I initially thought that it was simply an error on my end — either my system was not equipped with the necessary files, or I was not compiling correctly. It seems that the latter was correct, and with the cmake command, I was able to compile and successfully run each and every test header file.

Now that the header files are complete, next time will be devoted to making sure all of the necessary OpenCL files are ready to go, and if they are, search online for OpenCL tutorials to become familiar with the standard!

See you next time!

Sincerely,
Kyle Jenkins.

Time spent today: 1 hour 15 minutes.
Total Time: 2 hours 45 minutes.

Categories: Uncategorized Tags: ,
  1. Robert Marmorstein
    September 6th, 2020 at 22:10 | #1

    When you run into a bug like this and figure out a solution, it’s important to post detailed steps about what fixed it in the blog. That way, if we have to go back and do this again, we’ll remember how we got past it. In this case, the trick was to use cmake instead of doing gcc by hand:

    mkdir build
    cd build
    cmake ..
    make