Related Work Experience

Letterpress Communications

Looking to fulfill my internship requirement I reached out to a small marketing firm in Farmville, Letterpress Communications, and worked as an intern in the Fall of 2017. At the conclusion of my internship, I was offered a part time position and am approaching a full year as an administrative assistant/project manager. On a weekly basis I am responsible for certain administrative tasks with copying materials, collecting mail and organizing the office. In addition, in February 2018 I project led a fundraising campaign for the Southside Virginia Family YMCA.

CNN

Wolf Blitzer, a CNN television news anchor, told me to keep pushing in journalism that we need more young journalists in the world.

During the Vice Presidential Debate on Oct. 4, 2016 hosted at Longwood, I was selected to be a student worker at CNN. After the first day on the job, I was given additional responsibilities apart from the other student volunteers. I oversaw the other student workers and was given additional responsibilities throughout the week as my supervisors saw me as being more trustworthy and reliable. I worked the entire week alongside other CNN professionals and was given numerous tasks such as escorting talent via golf cart, ensuring meals would arrive on time and accommodate all staff, and sit in for talent to adjust shots to name a few.

With that responsibility I was allowed in the trailer with theĀ other CNN professionals where I was able to see firsthand their process. In addition, I covered the Vice Presidential debate forĀ The Rotunda as the News Editor where I sat next to the new connections I formed with CNN. My story was the main story published the following morning after the debate. After working the night before I wrote the front cover story in the matter of two hours before it went to printing.