About me

Hi! My name is Caroline Schmigel and I am a junior student at Longwood University in Farmville, Va. I am majoring in Communication Studies with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Business Administration. Aside from academics, I am treasurer for Longwood’s club field hockey team, as well as for Longwood’s PRSSA (Public Relation Student Society of America) club.

I am a creative and observant individual with an open mind and spirit. Growing up I have always had a high interest for design, planning and being able to create something original. Making my customers and managers happy and impressed by my work, to me is just half the thrill of the job. I do great in high paced settings and I love to be challenged by things I have never experienced nor have much knowledge of so I can gain more experience.

I have always dreamed of working with and for a creative company with room to advance. I feel I would be an asset to the event planning field because my creativity, communication skills and work ethic are strong and I am striving to make a name for myself. I also posses, organizational, management and production skills that I believe set me aside from most.

This spring I will be completing an internship in Manhattan, New York with Ardea Arts. Aredea Arts is a small, not-for-profit organization dedicated to creating new, 21st century opera and music-theater for diverse audiences. I am excited and proud of this opportunity because I have always lived in a small town so stepping out into a new and big city feels very empowering.

Through this internship I will be completing 21 hour a weeks from January to May and I will be an administrative and production intern. My tasks include but not limited to, planning and executing events and performances and assisting with fundraising campaigns. Other task include development tasks, such as assisting with grant applications, researching potential donors and foundations, and following up individually with donors as well as marketing tasks, such as social media presence and management, and sending newsletters, invitations, and updates to our mailing list and donors.

After completing college and graduating, I plan to move in with my boyfriend who currently lives in New York and start my professional career in event planning.