About Me

One field that I am an expect in is being a Resident Assistant. With my three years of Resident Assistant experience I have had a great deal of leadership and work experience due to this amazing opportunity Longwood gave me. Through many years of training and hands-on situation I have learned a great deal of information of how to deal with conflict, confrontation, and living situation involving students. Learning these skills through professional training by experienced staff and administrative staff at Longwood has benefited me greatly. Being a leader as a Resident Assistant has given me many opportunities to branch out and learn more about Higher Education and working as a team. Being part of a staff of around ten people has taught me a great deal about team work and leadership. Having the opportunity to be in charge of a work center and also working alongside Commuter Assistant to plan programs for students.

Before becoming a Resident Assistant, I worked as a head coach for girls’ soccer through Herndon Youth Soccer Association. This experienced helped me become a leader to younger girls and help them grow as athletes. Having to deal with conflict and confrontation with younger children helped me when having to deal with these problems as a Resident Assistant. This experience also gave me the opportunity to be a leader and work with other a big association that I have been a part of for a long time. Over all this experience as a head coach has helped me during my Resident Assistant job.