Course Journals

For each of these Course Journals I displayed two outcomes that were relevant to the journals. These outcomes include: 4) Analyze the effectiveness of their own texts and processes for specific rhetorical situations and 5) understand how the knowledge, skills, and values learned in general education are interwoven and interrelated, and how they can contribute to the process of citizen leadership. The first journal entry I analyzed the effectivity of Burke’s ideas on Terministic Screens. From this point, I learned enough about Terministic Screens to implement this as a tool for rhetorical situations I did in the future of this class. The second journal entry required me to analyze Burke’s Rhetoric of Hitler’s Battle by looking at his rhetorical strategies and implementing these strategies into future writing that I did in the class. The last was my most successful journal entry because I had already analyzed the use of rhetorical strategies, so I had already had experience with it. I took what I gathered from the class so far and applied it to this journal entry. All in all, I was able to understand the knowledge and how it is interwoven with general education and citizen leadership.

Journal Entry on ‘Terministic Screens’

Journal Entry on “Rhetoric of Hitler’s Battle”

Journal Entry on Thoreau’s “Civil Disobedience