Today is the day. The day I fly to Ireland by myself.

2007 was the last time I flew internationally, that was 10 years ago. I was traveling with my family at that time; I was about 9 years old at that time. So much has changed in those 10 years. I am an adult now and I am expected to be able to handle all these things myself.

I did not think I was nervous going into this. I am not afraid of flying, I am not afraid of going to a different country, but I still started freaking out the couple of hours leading up to my departure. Once I got on the flight, everything seemed to work out. I calmed down. I was ready to take on this next adventure.

After rushing to my next gate in Philly, the gate that would lead me to Ireland, the rest flew by without a hitch. Luckily both my flights were smooth and there were no problems.

Shannon, Ireland

As the plane started to land I finally saw Ireland. It is weird thinking that I am currently in a foreign country. I don’t think it has hit me yet. I am excited to see where this trip takes me. I am ready to explore and fall in love with Ireland!