Meet the Consultants

My name is Amber G. and this is my first year as a Lancer! I am a Communication Sciences and Disorders Major and I hope to one day become a Speech-Language Pathologist. My goal as a tutor is to help my peers and classmates to become more confident in their writing ability and more knowledgable about the writing process.

Emily B

My name is Emily B., I am a sophomore and I am a social work major. I am so excited to join the Writing Center team this year! I hope to not only help students improve their papers but also improve their writing skills. My goal is to have each student leave the session feeling more confident in their paper and themselves as writers.

My name is Katie K. and I am a senior English major and Children’s Literature minor. I’m new here at the Writing Center and am very excited to help my peers grow as writers. My goal as a tutor at the Writing Center is to help students develop skills to make them successful writers and become more confident in their work.

My name is Laura J. and I am a sophomore majoring in French and ESL. I hope to teach abroad after graduating. As a tutor, I want to create a comfortable environment where you leave the writing center feeling ready to tackle current and future writing assignments.

MarisaHi! My name is Marisa M. and I am a Liberal Studies major with a concentration in Elementary Education. I am new to the Writing Center but I am excited to start working and help as many writers as I can. I hope that each student leaves each session more confident about their assignment as well as their writing ability.

Hi, I’m Sara H.! I am an English major and a member of the Rotunda’s copy staff. I hope to have a career in editing after graduation. I love reading, writing, and dogs! My goal at the writing center is to help my peers have a better understanding of the writing process and help them improve their writing skills.