Amber Gordon 

This is my first year as a Lancer! I am a Communication Sciences and Disorders Major and I hope to one day become a Speech-Language Pathologist. My goal as a tutor is to help my peers and classmates to become more confident in their writing ability and more knowledgable about the writing process.

Emily Burleson

Emily B

I am a sophomore and I am a social work major. I am so excited to join the Writing Center team this year! I hope to not only help students improve their papers but also improve their writing skills. My goal is to have each student leave the session feeling more confident in their paper and themselves as writers.

Katie Kline 

I am a senior English major and Children’s Literature minor. I’m new here at the Writing Center and am very excited to help my peers grow as writers. My goal as a tutor at the Writing Center is to help students develop skills to make them successful writers and become more confident in their work.

Laura Johnson

I am a sophomore majoring in French and ESL. I hope to teach abroad after graduating. As a tutor, I want to create a comfortable environment where you leave the writing center feeling ready to tackle current and future writing assignments.

Marisa Montemurro 

MarisaI am a Liberal Studies major with a concentration in Elementary Education. I am new to the Writing Center but I am excited to start working and help as many writers as I can. I hope that each student leaves each session more confident about their assignment as well as their writing ability.

Sara Holdsworth

I am an English major and I hope to have a career in editing after graduation. I love reading, writing, and dogs! My goal at the writing center is to help my peers have a better understanding of the writing process and help them improve their writing skills.

Karyn Keane

I am a senior English major with a concentration in Rhetoric and Professional Writing. She will attend Miami University beginning in Fall 2020 for her MA in Composition and Rhetoric, with the eventual goal of teaching or working in writing program/center administration. She specializes in MLA style and humanities but is comfortable working with students from all disciplines and writing projects of all varieties.

Hunter Stinnett

Hi, I am Hunter a senior here at Longwood University. I am majoring in Communication Studies with a concentration in Public Relations and a double minor in English and Children’s Literature. With that being said, I am familiar with both MLA and APA citations! After graduation, I will be working at Equis Financial as their Events Coordinator. I look forward to meeting you and working with you!