Image Image Image Image Image
Scroll to Top

To Top

Work Samples

My Micro-Anthology of Children’s Literature was an exercise in demonstrating the breadth of material that we covered in my History of Children’s Literature class.  In an open letter to the imagined reader, I discuss both the historical and cultural impact of the evolution of children’s literature over time and how each selection relates to the evolving notion of the definition of childhood from the sixteenth to early twentieth century literature.

In my Human Growth and Development class I was instructed to give a reflection on how I personally developed.  In it, my personality is conveyed through my casual tone and gives the reader an insight into how I grew to perceive the world and my place in it.  Additionally, it shows how I grew into becoming a writer.

Outside of the classroom, I spent a fair amount of time working to create an inclusive and supportive environment for the LGBT+ community on campus as Newsletter Chair for Pride.  This sample post pulled from The Gay Agenda showcases one of the ten posts I put out pertaining to maintaining and encouraging self-care among general body members.  The casual style and brevity of such a serious topic attracted readers consistently, and I was very pleased when members would come to me later on and praise how useful my tips were.