Standard (300 hours/semester), Fall 2023 & Spring 2024 & Summer 2024
Longwood Recovers is Longwood’s Collegiate Recovery Program that offers a supportive and informal voluntary support group to assist students in, or considering, recovery from alcohol and/or other substance use issues.
The Graduate Assistant provides primary support this program.
The position works 20 hours/week beginning during the fall and spring semester and 5-7 hours/week during the summer. Tuition is covered (9 hours each semester and 6 credits during the summer)
The position is supervised by the Director of Education and Prevention Programs. There is also a connection to the Dean of Student Engagement for supervision of graduate work.
• Provide organizational/administrative support to the Longwood Recovers program
• Meet regularly with students on an individual and group basis. These may be voluntary or mandatory referrals
• Coordinate publicity and promotion of Longwood Recovers e.g. social media, flyers, and the use of promo items
• Coordinate education and outreach through tabling, using the Free Coffee Bike around campus, presenting to classes, staff, organizations, and other activities directly related to substance use recovery
• Sponsor events such as Narcan and Recovery Ally training
• Assist with liaison to Collegiate Recovery Expansion Grant team by attending monthly update meetings and completing reports and other documentation
• Participate actively in monthly grant call meetings as well as monthly meetings and attend at events such as the Drive-In each semester, ARHE conferences, and relevant development opportunities
• Coordinate an Advisory Committee of campus partners to provide insight and feedback to Longwood Recovers; this group will meet at least once/semester
• Hire and supervise student workers and/or interns through weekly meetings; organize and oversee their task completion
• Monitor the Longwood Recovers email account and maintain content and updating for the Longwood Recovers web page
• Participate as a member of the Student Engagement staff
Questions can be directed to Ms. Sasha Johnson, email@example.com
Standard (300 hours/semester; $25/hour) Academic Assistant Position
Education and Prevention Programs
Funding Source: Foundation/Grant