PLEASE NOTE THAT STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE THE OSR PRE-APPLICATION TUTORIALS BEFORE SUBMITTING THE STUDENT FUNDING APPLICATION. STUDENTS MUST SUBMIT THE FACULTY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM AND STUDENT FUNDING APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED (SEE BELOW). STUDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY FUNDED ARE EXEMPT FROM THE PRE-APPLICATION TUTORIALS, BUT MUST PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION OF THEIR PRIOR AWARD WITH THEIR APPLICATION IN ORDER TO HAVE THE EXEMPTION RECOGNIZED.
The Office of Student Research (OSR) offers awards to undergraduate students to defray costs associated with student-initiated research. The maximum award is $500 for single researchers, $1000 for two co-researchers and $1500 for three co-researchers. Research includes creative activities in theatre, music, art and graphic arts and animation, projects in departments in arts and sciences as well as business and education. Students seeking funding for research posters should use OSR’s Poster Printing Service.
Round 1 applications are due February 18, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Round 2 applications are due March 25, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Students must spend funds by April 30, 2019.
- Students must complete all OSR Pre-Application Tutorials and score at least a 70 for each BEFORE submitting the application.
- Request access to Pre-Application Tutorials using this link. You will be added to the Canvas site, where you will see the three modules for Tutorials. Students who were previously awarded a research or travel grant (provisional awards do not count) are not required to complete the Tutorials. If you are unsure, please contact OSR. Applications from students who have not completed the tutorial will not be reviewed.
- For students conducting human subject or animal research, you must have your IRB or IACUC application approved BEFORE applying for funding, as you will have to provide documentation of approval.
- OSR will no longer make provisional funding decisions (i.e. give awards pending the submission of additional paperwork).
- All funds will be disbursed by check to the student applicant(s).
- Download Undergraduate Funding for Research and Travel CFA and Application and Faculty Acknowledgement Form.
- Request access to Pre-Application Tutorials using this link.
- Once access is confirmed, take the Tutorials (less than 15 minutes combined) and the relevant quizzes.
- Once you receive confirmation of your successful completion of the tutorials, you can complete and submit the hard copy of your application and Faculty Acknowledgement Form to the Office of Student Research, Library 154 by the deadlines. Applications without the Faculty Acknowledgement Form will not be reviewed.
Questions? Contact Dr. Crystal S. Anderson, Director, Office of Student Research, firstname.lastname@example.org