Reflection to Senior Self

My time, so far at Longwood University, has been a progressive and a teaching moment for myself as far as maturing, growing, and learning. In my first year, I have learned many things around campus, in my major, and about the life of a college student as well as a concerned member of the community. Within the three pillars, Scholarship, Community, and Service, I have learned a lot. In scholarship, my academics have been required to be my first priority; not only by my peers and professors, but by my parents as well. I have taken them very seriously as I have applied myself to the Athletic Training program along with the Cormier Honors College. Both programs will help me grow as a student and provide more stability to my future self. Apart of the Community pillar, I have helped with my LATA organization with donations and meetings. This group activity helped raise funds for the Athletic Training program at LU. Finally, in my Service pillar,  I have helped clean litter and debris with the Honors College. This was eye opening and helped me learn the importance of teamwork and service to the community.