Letter to Senior Self

Dear Senior Self,

Right now, I have just finished my freshman year at Longwood University. It was an amazing year and I have accomplished many new things between academics and athletics. I have high hopes for your years to come at Longwood! As a senior, I hope you are thinking about your future and what life at Longwood has meant to you. Your hard work at Longwood and your degree should be very important to you and lead you to starting a career. I hope by now, you have had plenty of experience within psychology and know where you want to take your knowledge. Being a part of an athletics team this first year has been an amazing experience and I hope you have continued this commitment and allowed it to become a part of your character. Your life at Longwood should be cherished and should be used as a foundation for your life to come. The different aspects of community, scholarship, and service learned at Longwood should be taken into your future life and continuously grown on. I hope you are in touch with all your differing communities and are putting forth effort to better those around you. I also hope you are giving back to those in need and taking part in meaningful service events. I hope you use your academic achievements to propel yourself into the world and really make a difference where you can. By this time, I hope you have started on these goals and understand their importance so you can continue to build on them and your character as well.

I wish you the best of luck,

Jade