Professional Dispositions

Alpha Delta Pi Leadership Conference (2020)

In January of 2020, myself and several other officers in my sorority had the amazing opportunity to travel to Atlanta, Georgia for a leadership conference. Prior to this event, I had never attended an experience such as this. While it largely pertained to Greek life and my position in my sorority, I gained many valuable leadership skills that apply to many other aspects of my academic and professional career. For example, I learned how to hold myself and others accountable in group settings, how to engage large amounts of people, and how to prepare effective planning and organization strategies for an organization. Even though this experience was over a year ago, it is something that I still reflect on, and I continuously use the skills that I learned. Going forward, I will continue to use these skills with my current leadership experiences and in the future as a teacher.

Greek Leadership Summit (2020 & 2021)

Since becoming an officer in my Greek organization, I have attended two Greek Leadership Summits at the start of each of my terms. At these summits, I also learned many helpful skills related to Greek like that applied to all aspects of my academic, personal, and professional life. In the various sessions, we learned about time management skills, personal self-care skills, managing large groups of people successfully, and more. Even though I attended these summit twice, I learned different and important skills each year. I honestly looked forward to attending these sessions at the start of my term, as they made me feel more excited and confident to start to my leadership position.

Google Classroom Level I Training (2021)

During my EDUC 380 course in the Spring 2021 semester, our professor encouraged our class to complete the professional training to receive a certificate for Google Classroom. Especially during this time with so much being virtual, I thought this would be an incredible opportunity to expand my technology skills in order to be more prepared for what I could see in my future classroom. This experience did require completion of many modules related to all-things Google and education based. Additionally, at the end of the modules, a final test was required to showcase that you learned all of the necessary skills to operate a Google classroom. Overall, I am very excited that I went through with this opportunity, as it is yet another thing to help prepare me for what is to come!