I am a Communication Studies major with a concentration in Digital Media. I also have a minor in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing. Below are experiences from my courses that I have taken that could relate to my hopeful future career.
Advanced Media Writing
- Wrote news, feature, and investigative longform articles under a strict and short deadline.
- Experienced simulated press conferences.
- Wrote TV news scripts that summarize stories to a limited length.
Contemporary Practices in Communications
- Learned about tips for professional life; such as,
- Proper attire for business
- Practice interviews
- Resume writing
Introduction to Computer Science
- Learned skills in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office software
- Learned the basic functions of a computer and how one operates
Introduction to Residential Learning
- Learned about different mental and health disorders people may live with
- Learned about different types of personalities and how they may act in a living/work place
- Planned a successful haunted house program for a residence community of 400 people
- Studied the art of what makes one persuasive in arguments
- Studied sociological messages about why people want certain things
- Learned about what types of message emotions are persuasive for different things
- Learned how to write speeches for different lengths of time.
- Wrote speeches on different topics such as campaigns for controversial topics.