Reflection on Statistics

Throughout the SOCL 346 course I have learned multiple things. Firstly, I have gained the ability to convey complex statistical information to a diverse audience. I now feel comfortable conveying complex statistical information to colleagues who have experience with statistical information. Additionally, i have learned how to write the information in a simpler way which will allow for the general public to be able to understand the statistical information.

Secondly, I have gained the skill of analytical thinking from this course. Before taking this course my analytical thinking skills needed to be improved upon. After completing this course I feel as though I can problem solve not only quickly but also effectively. I also have learned how to conduct sampling techniques by taking this course. Additionally, I learned how to collect quantitative data and how to analyze the data that was collected. The data we used for the course was gained by sampling a group and distributing a survey.

Ultimately, the skills I learned in this course will benefit me throughout my life. The skills I gained in this course allow me to build my resume. Adding these skills to my resume allows me to stand out to future employers. These skills allow me to stand out to future employers because they are actively seeking out applicants that have experience with R, SPSS, and EXCEL.

Additionally, these skills will help me conduct future research. If I ever need to conduct statistical research and analysis the data i will be able to. This will significantly benefit me if i need to do research for a future employer.

I will use the skills i gained in this class to conduct research in the future. I can use these skills to conduct research for a future employer. Additionally, I can use these skills to conduct research for myself. Overall, I have gained skills and experience through the completion of this course that will benefit me through out my future and can be easily applied. The creation of the stats manual will be very important for guiding me in the correct direction if I ever need to conduct future research.