Gen Ed Goals & Honors Courses

Hons – Econ 217: Princlp of Microeconomics

I had already taken a few Economics classes prior to this one. So, I easily assimilated the content, which was mainly about understanding different economic behaviors  of actors at the micro level. However, if I had to summarize this course in a few word it would be: “lots and – seriously, I am not kidding – …

Hons – ECON 218: Prncpl Econ(Macro Emphasis)

In the aftermath of joining the Honors family, I had the great opportunity to be enrolled in the honors section of Macroeconomics taught by the equally awesome professor Dr. PlaHovinsak. The reasons why I am so enthused when talking about this class can be summarized into three points. First, there was a very good level …

Hons – ENG 215: 9/11 Loss & Redemption

I must say, I really enjoy the honor classes. It might look completely anecdotal, but sharing a classroom with a concentration of well-rounded and determined peers just motivates me every time to do my absolute best. In any case, I had the chance to attend Dr. Lund’s class about 9/11. As much as we would …

Hons – ENGL 400: Advanced Writing Seminar

Hons – Hist 222: US Hist 1877-Modern Times

Hons – POSC 350: American Presidency

Hons: Markets and Morals

Goal 1 – LSEM 100: LSEM-Poli Sci

This class is the first I took as an official Longwood student. It has been, at first, challenging because of the necessity of undergoing a hard transition of rhythm from high school to college. However, this class has not only been a huge help to build friendships among students of the same major but also …

Goal 2 – ENG 150 : Writing and Research

As an undergraduate in Political Science, I am also very passionate about journalism and its ethics. Consequently, I was very pleased to discover that the topic of this class revolved around the subject of censorship and media. The direct relation between journalistic media and the political discourse was very much highlighted in this course thus, …

Goal 5 – Math 121: Functions and Graphs

Taken during my freshman year, Graph and Functions was the mathematical goal I took for my time here in Longwood. The course was taught by Dr. Wears and we learned the differences between linear and exponential growth. The importance of these growth models will be revealed later in the semester as we studied annuities and …

Goal 7 – Hist 100: Found. West. Civ.

I took Hist 100 during the fall semester. While it is a Gen. Ed. Class, I was persuaded that the information in this class would consolidate my knowledge of the western world (considering my quest for international and general culture). Needless to say, my expectations were justified as the course’s name was Foundation of Western …

Goal 10 – FREN 201: Intermediate I French

I took the equivalent of this course while in high school. I passed the AP exam in order to receive the credit, thus fulfilling the foreign language proficiency goal required by Longwood University.

Goal 11 – Phed 101: Fitness Concepts Through Exercise

I took this class online over the summer. It was super convenient for me to take it then because I was doing both my internship and a part job. Naturally, my physical activity statistics were pretty high and I was able to meet the weekly goals assigned by the professors. I learned a lot about …