Why build an e-Portfolio?
An electronic portfolio, also known as an e-Portfolio or digital portfolio, is a collection of electronic evidence assembled and managed by a user, usually on located on the internet. Such electronic evidence may include inputted text, electronic files, images, blog entries, and links. E-portfolios are both demonstrations of the user’s abilities and platforms for self-expression and, if they are online, they can be maintained dynamically over time. Within academic environments, an e-Portfolio can be seen as a type of learning record that provides actual evidence of achievement and growth over time.
An e-Portfolio is:
- An opportunity to effectively represent yourself and your education
- A place to collect and save coursework
- A chance to showcase accomplishments and school work to family and friends
- A tool for creating digital resumes to send to employers
- A web portal for accessing your work, tracking your academic growth, and planning your career
- A portal that helps connect educational goals with personal experience
- An electronic resource you can use to apply for transfer and financial aid at a four year school
- A chance to reflect on your education, to make connections between where you are and where you want to be
- A record of your skills, achievements, and learning
We would like to thank the following institutions/entities for granting us permission to use their content.
And for the following site licensing their content under Creative Commons