HONS 495 Love Sex and Friendship

Going into my spring semester, I picked two honors classes that seemed “the least objectionable,” seeing as there were none relevant to my major.  As it turns out, this class, taught by Dr. Adam Blincoe, to date has had the most positive impact on my life out of any I have taken.  The class was a philosophy survey class covering love and social relations, including such philosophers as Plato, Kierkegaard, Sartre, and C.S. Lewis.  The class covered definitions of love and friendship, explored in depth different views on what makes the phenomena most fulfilling and worthwhile, and touched on a litany of ethical and social issues related to (you guessed it) love, sex, and friendship.  What I got out of it most was of a personal nature, relating to how I view social relations and find fulfillment from life.  The class gave me tools I did not know I desperately needed to be more self-critical and guide me towards salvation from a maladaptive asociality.  I was exposed to some great philosophical literature, came out liking reading a bit more, and gained valuable feedback on my essay writing.  Dr. Blincoe is a good man and superb professor and I will absolutely take one of his classes again.

Loader Loading...

Download [70.79 KB]