This semester I traveled to a destination off campus to James Madison University. I have a brother that is currently a junior attending JMU so I make frequent trips to go visit him. He stays in an apartment with his three roommates so I decided to drive up there for the weekend. My main reason for going up there was for one of their football games because Longwood doesn’t have a football team so I was excited to go see a game because JMU’s team has been playing really well this season. It was about a two hour drive to get there and when I did I met my brother and he brought me into his apartment. For the first hour or so we stayed in his room and just hung out with his roommates. All three of his roommates are really cool and easy to get along with so we all did everything together. Then we went out to eat and we went to their school’s dining hall. As we were on the walk there I looked around at the campus and noticed many differences between JMU’s campus and Longwoods. One big thing that stood out to me was how far the walk was from my brother’s place. It took us around twenty minutes to walk to the dining hall and it is normally only a five minute walk from my dorm to the dining hall at Longwood. Another thing that I have always noticed about JMU is just how big it is. Longwood is a very small school compared to most others and JMU has so much more size on Longwood. There were also way less people walking around the campus than I normally see on our campus. The dining hall was also way bigger than Longwoods and that seemed to be where most of the people were at the time. The rest of that night we didn’t do too much because we had to get ready for the football game the next day. We woke up early the next morning and met up with a couple of my brother’s friends for a tailgate before the game. After a couple hours of that we went to the game and the score was not even close. JMU beat Georgia Southern 41-13. After the game we went to one of the on campus food locations. It was this small little shop that had wings and pasta. That place was really good and Longwood doesn’t have anything like it. Another thing that I noticed while we were eating was that almost everybody walking around campus was wearing some kind of shirt or hoodie that said “James Madison University” on it and I feel like it is less common at my school to see someone wearing a Longwood shirt and I don’t think I see that too often. We then walked over to their rec center to workout and play basketball. JMU’s rec center had about eight basketball courts and their gym was huge. Comparing that to Longwoods rec center we only have two basketball courts and a smaller gym. After the gym we headed back to his apartment and went to sleep. Overall it was a fun trip to JMU and was interesting to be able to compare it to Longwood.