My Vacation to New York City

After the school year concluded in May of 2023, I went to New York City for a week. I personally love the city because there is so much to do. I went with my parents and a good friend of mine. We left for the airport at 4:30 a.m. so we had to be up by 4 a.m. so we had to wake up pretty early. My friend lived in my same neighborhood so picking him up was not too big of a deal. The drive took about 20 minutes and we wanted to get there early, rather than be late. We did all the proper things that needed to be done so we were able to make the flight at 7 a.m. We had free miles to use so the flying was cheaper than driving.

We arrived in New York City around 10 a.m. When we got off the plane we got our bags from the cart and headed for a taxi. The taxi took us to our hotel room. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton Hotel, which is one of the nicest hotels in the city. We were able to get separate rooms, one for my parents and one for my friend and me. The beds were nice and the tv was nice as well. We just hung out in the room and watched TV and played video games. We played for hours and then it was time to go out to the streets and explore all that the great city of New York has to offer. My parents stayed in the hotel while we went out 

The first place that we went to was the LEGO store. We are both LEGO nerds and wanted to check it out. The first thing we did was create our own minifigure. It was free so we thought why not because we thought it was it was fun and we did not have to spend money on it. Both of us ended up buying one LEGO set. We bought the same set, which was the emperor’s throne room model. It was $100.00 but it was one of our favorite scenes in all of Star Wars so we really wanted to buy it. Overall it was really fun going to the LEGO store in the Big Apple.

The second place we went to was the Statue of Liberty. We went on a fairy ride where we had a tour guide help us explain the history of the statute and the history of the city. He told us how the statute was first built in France in the year 1884 and then sent to the city later after construction was complete. He also explained the significance of the statue as well. The Statue of Liberty stood for American values such as equality, democracy, and most importantly freedom. We had such a good time going on the ride and would definitely do it again in the future.

Once our week was up we were sad to leave. We packed our bags and headed to New York International Airport around 8 a.m. We had such a great time exploring all that New York had to offer. We got back in Virginia around 11 a.m. Going to the LEGO  store and visiting the Statue of Liberty will be something that I will never forget and hope I will have the opportunity one day.