REFLECTION ON STATISTICAL ANALYSES

This course has been a life changing experience for me. I feel as though I was challenge so much in this class because I did not get the full experience of having this class for a full semester prior to this one. I felt as though I was super behind but I was able to overcome this. This class taught me so much that I feel like will help me in the future.

I believe that the knowledge gained in this class about R studio and SPSS will be extremely beneficial in the job force. As a fireman who wants to move past just fighting fire I believe these might give me an opportunity to move forward and move up in the ranks. I had never heard of R or SPSS and was unknowing to the capabilities of the programs these apps are able to run.

In this class I believe the most important thing I learned was the importance of statistical analyses. Throughout this class I learned how test can be run and the statistical data that you can get from it. I think that these data points can help me in the job force understand what is the best tactical approach to go at a situation. After talking to the Chief of the Richmond Fire Department he stressed how important learning information like this is in order to move up and achieve higher paying positions.

I learned that R studio is the new cutting edge technology in the statistics. I feel up to date about how sociologist are using statistics to answer questions and get data conclusions. Without this class I would not quite understand how detailed statical analyses are and the capabilities of really understanding how they work.

With this information I learned I hope to bring an aspect to the Fire Department that they have never had. I would like to get data and use it to help them be more affective when at fire and at accidents. I believe this is something that would help me get the job I one day hope to have.