First purchases as a future SLP

First purchases as a future SLP

This past weekend I attended the Speech-Language-Hearing Association of Virginia’s annual conference held in Chantilly, Virginia. I attended the conference on Thursday, March 17th and Friday, March 18th. During the conference, I was able to partake in a number of sessions held by a variety of speakers. I attended sessions in the areas of language, early intervention, AAC, and licensure requirements.These sessions provided me with information that relates directly to the content that I am learning in my graduate program at Longwood. I plan on using the information that I learned during this conference throughout my career as a speech-language pathologist.

While attending the conference, I was also able to volunteer during the CDF auction. This provided me with many opportunities to interact and network with many professionals in our field. I will carry these new relationships with me as I continue on my journey as a speech-language pathologist. This was my second year attending the conference and I look forward to attending in the years ahead. I am very thankful to have been given this opportunity.