About Me

My name is Eliza Ayles and I am a Social Worker who attended Longwood University. I have always had a passion to help others, especially children. I have the desire to be able to provide children with resources and love to ensure a better future. I want to be there for children in the way I wanted others to be there for me growing up.

I completed my junior field placement at Lunenburg Social Services where I was able to work hands-on with children in foster care and adults in need of services. I completed my senior field placement at Ward Transitional Services which works with individuals with disability. There I completed home-visits and formed connections with each client. I was also trained in WaMS, so I was able to complete service authorizations for the client’s services.

One piece of work that I am extremely proud of is a project I worked on with two of my classmates. We conducted a community needs assessment and determined Farmville had a lack of affordable and accessible childcare. We worked together throughout the semester to complete a White Paper to determine solutions to help fix this prominent issue nationwide. Below is the White Paper.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.