Home

Professional Profile 

Hello, my name is Elena Yonika and I’m a senior. I am majoring in Liberal Studies with a minor in Communication Studies. I am someone who loves kids and wants to work with them. I really started liking kids when I started getting nieces and nephews. Watching them grow up and helping them with their assignments has really made me want to work with others. Also, when I was back at my community college, I had done a teaching class and that persuaded me to want to work more with kids. I also got to go into the class and interact with kids. I have to say that was the best thing I had done.

ePortfolio Purpose and content 

The purpose of this ePortfolio is to showcase my assignments from Longwood University’s course Professional writing 400. All of these assignments have used our learning outcomes in many ways, and I feel that I have done a good job with them.  I will have specific reflections on each of the assignments that discusses the relationship between each assignment and the course objectives.

Course Learning Outcomes 

1) engage in the process of citizen leadership by investigating multiple perspectives on important public issues;

2) understand the nature of public discourse/debate as determined by purpose, audience, and context;

3) choose appropriate formats in writing for a variety of purposes;

4) analyze the effectiveness of their own texts and processes for specific rhetorical situations;

5) understand how the knowledge, skills, and values learned in general education are interwoven and interrelated, and how they can contribute to the process of citizen leadership.