Data Analysis Project

October 10, 2018 | Comments Off on Data Analysis Project

Loader Loading...

Download [301.42 KB]

I analyzed sets of data from popular fast food chains in the last year. I thought that with the information we have about the obesity rates in America and the recent trend in people wanting to live a healthier lifestyle, that the stock values might have dropped. I decided to delete all columns except the date and the closing values. I did this because stocks change throughout the day, so including the opening stock values is not essential information for this type of graph.  I chose to use a line graph because it is easier to visually see the data in this format. Since I am looking at data over the year, this is the easiest way to spot possible trends in the stock values. If I had used a pie chart or bar graph, the data would’ve been harder to read, understand, and interpret, and it would have taken the reader a much longer time to analyze the data. The way that this data is portrayed is very user-friendly.

I chose to analyze sets of data from popular fast food chains because it is a topic that most college students and young professionals are familiar with. Stocks can be confusing if you don’t already have a background in it or have not previously been exposed to it, but using stock information from something familiar helps to break down that barrier.

Comments

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind