Pillar: Quantitative Reasoning

For this pillar it is required for nursing students to take math 171 which is Statistical Decision Making. The class first had a basic introduction as to what a statistic is, and the different types of graphs. Then the teacher got into different types of distributions, hypothesis tests, and confidence intervals. We learned how to find it by hand, in the calculator and under different circumstances with different variables missing. In class we went over power points so we could ask any question we had. Then there were homework questions to help us apply the knowledge we had learned. There were also three written paper assignments were we took data that was collected by a survey and again applied the knowledge learned in class. The papers were usually due right before the test, which was nice because I got to make sure I knew the material before I took the test. The first paper I wrote with a partner was about which political party students taking Math 171 identified with. From that data we took random samples to see which political party was most prominent. In the paper we had to put how to do things both by calculator and by hand which was great practice for the test.

url=”http://blogs.longwood.edu/smithsk2/files/2019/05/Statistics-Project-.docx”