Introduction

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! My name is Karyn Keane, and I’m a sophomore at Longwood University. I’m majoring in English with a concentration in Rhetoric & Professional Writing and a minor in Children’s Literature, and this blog will document my experiences in ENGL 301: Rhetorical Criticism. This course (in addition to my prior courses in the concentration, such as History of Rhetoric and Visual Rhetoric & Document Design) further my knowledge of rhetoric and will prove useful as I pursue a PhD in Composition & Rhetoric.

My blog serves as an outlet for my thoughts on the field of Rhetorical Criticism. Here, I will analyze and reflect upon a variety of works using various rhetorical lenses. Students, faculty, and scholars of rhetoric may find my musings of interest; however, they are open to anyone who is curious about what rhetoricians do and how the discipline is relevant to contemporary life. The blog’s context derives from the context of our course at a small, public institution of higher education, but also relates to past and current events (which I intend to analyze in further detail throughout later postings).

Me, presenting scholarly research on graphic novels and canonical literature during Summer 2017.