About Me

Growing up, my parents have always said do what I have to do until I can do what I want to do. This statement has stayed with me throughout my whole life, it has made me realize that I have to work hard at life until I am content with where I am.

Hi, I’m Megan Ailstock! I grew up in Chesterfield, Virginia and graduated from Matoaca High School in 2016. I also am an only child. While growing up, my family was always around, we all lived close to each other so I was with them every chance I got. Being in a family who is so close and looks out for each other was probably the best thing that could’ve happened to me. Having people support you, and look out for you means so much, they have been there for me through some of the worst and best times of my life, and I will always have them.

I have always been into sports, I played soccer, basketball, softball, golf, and tennis. In high school, the hardest thing for me to do was hang my cleats up after playing our championship game. My team meant so much to me and knowing that I was finished playing with this group of girls made me realize that high school finally was over. Being an athlete all my life is the main reason why I want to get into sports as a future career, if I can’t play them anymore, I still want to be involved with them some way.

As a Communication Studies major with a concentration in Digital Media, I have been introduced to different types of video cameras, editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, and our broadcast studio. I plan on graduating in May of 2020 and pursuing my dream as becoming a Digital Producer for a TV company that will hopefully locate me in North Carolina.