About Me

My time here at Longwood has taught me a lot about myself as well as my goals for my career. My whole life I thought I wanted to be a teacher until I did my first practicum. I very quickly learned that the teaching profession isn’t for me. I am only a junior, so I still have a little time to figure out my aspirations, but recently I have been debating on opening my own boutique.

I have some work experience that has helped me prepare for this. I have been managing and administrating the social media accounts for my parents businesses for about a year now. Running your own business requires a large following to be successful, which is one thing that has taught me. I also have experience working in retail. My retail experience has helped me gain customer service skills, as well as all the other basic skills that come with working retail. I also hold a leadership position in my sorority. This has taught me how to be a leader which is important in being self employed. It has also brought me out of my shell, and helped me grow as a person.