Home

My name is Braxton Harrup and I am a senior at Longwood University. I am majoring in Environmental Science with a concentration in Earth Science. I came to school majoring in Kinesiology, but changed major half way through the first semester. I changed my major because I grew up on a farm and decided that it was a better life path for me.

My portfolio will demonstrate what I have learned in English 400, specifically how to analysis articles and other pieces of literature by understanding the purpose, audience and context. I have accomplished the skill set to analysis literature correctly through journal entries, a rhetorical analysis, and a common good project. There is a reflection at the bottom of each page explaining what I have learned and how I have grown as a writer.

Course Learning Outcomes

1. Engage in the process of citizen leadership by investigating multiple perspectives on important public issues;
  2. Understand the nature of pubic discourse/debate as determined by purpose, audience, and context;
  3. Choose appropriate formats in writing for a variety of purposes;
  4. Analyze the effectiveness of their own texts and processes for specific rhetorical situations;
  5. Understand how the knowledge, skills, and values learned in general education are interwoven and interrelated, and how they can contribute to the process of citizen leadership.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.