Teaching Philosophy

In elementary school, I had both good teachers who would interact with the students, create fun activities for the students learn and help motivate the students. I have also had “bad” teachers who only gave out worksheet after worksheet and test after test. When only completing worksheets and tests I personally did not learn anything from those teachers. However with the “good” teachers I personally remember the different activities that the teacher incorporated in the lesson plans.

One of the teachers I had in elementary school had a big bouncy ball for each subject. We would review what we learned by standing in a circle, tossing the ball and answering the questions. For math, it would be short answer questions, multiplication that we could easily do in our head. By working with one another and reviewing what we know, it helped the class remember more.

When I become a teacher one day, I have always said from the moment I wanted to start teaching that I would incorporate as much Kinesthetic learning activities as possible. I believe, children need to get up and move, making their body feel good and open up their mind more. Studies have been done to prove that students learn better when moving versus doing worksheet after worksheet.

Change this tagline :)