During out professional writing class, we had to complete a formal report. The formal report that we completed was by far the longest English project that I have ever had to complete. When working on the formal report, I was able to notice that this specific project met a numerous amount of the class outcomes that needed to be fulfilled. For example, Participate productively in collaborative projects, create professional documents that uses design—standard formats, layout, use of graphics, etc., Create professional documents that use plain English (clear, concise, and grammatically correct), and Analyze and produce writing genres commonly found in the professional world (e.g., business, gov., media). For our formal report we decided to analyze three major hospital websites for their content, user friendliness, and their visual appeal. The three hospitals that we decided to analyze were Duke, Virginia Commonwealth University, and Centra Hospital. Before taking this specific professional writing class, I had never knew what a formal report exactly was. I was able to learn what formal reports are for, how hey are formatted, and even how they can be used. I really enjoyed working with other individuals on this specific project because everyone was able to contribute ideas that were always very helpful or we could always build off of their ideas.

Loader Loading...

Download [3.29 MB]

No Responses yet