Posted by Walyn Napper

Portfolio 2: Step 3/4

When it comes to this particular course of SOCL-345, it is very important to pay attention and take the right steps in finding the right research methods to complete any research project. There are so many different ways when it comes to the methodology of sociology and to name some are qualitative/quantitative research, nominal, ordinal, ratio measurements and different sampling methods. There is so much to know when it comes to the research process and these concepts are so important to not only know for the moment but for the rest of life when it comes to the real world. It is important to me because I need to know how to do qualitative and quantitative research to better understand the way people think and behave, also just being able to collect data the correct way. I never knew what it meant to research in this particular way with so many different ways to collect and gather information needed in the researching process but now I see what it means. Then using the sampling methods made it way easier in the process of researching topics, all topics will need different sampling techniques such as non-sampling, cluster sampling and many others. This research project “attitudes towards punishment” we are conducting we have to use these methods to complete and using sampling methods is a way we are doing because of us passing out questionnaires which is us selecting people conveniently, which is a convenient sample. My partner and I have conducted this project particularly well because of what we learned in class from all the different research methods and how to use them in the researching process. It is easy to research anything and do an assignment or project but knowing the right steps to take will only better you’re understanding and the readers because everything will be the right data.

When it comes to the job, I want to work one day which is Real Estate, having the right research process is very important. I will need to know how to put people into groups when helping them inquire about a home and living in the right area, so maybe I can make surveys when trying to help someone move into a new neighborhood. Can get respondents’ thoughts and then take the information back to the person or people I am helping to make sure I put them into the right property location for them to live the life they want to live. Transferring the information, I learned from class into my job will be easy but also difficult in some ways but being able to spread the knowledge to customers is my main focus on the job one day. Also, I will need to know the different cultural diversity and property locations so when it comes to researching information, I need for a safe neighborhood I will now have the ability to conduct research in the right researching processing way that it needs to be done. I have found it interesting how these methodologies go into the real estate field and how research is important after taking this course. I have figured it out when it comes to finding any information I need about a house or area, but it will take some more practice to figure out all the details on the researching process and how to implement it into my job someday.