Valid Arguments

There are many people who say that certain video games can cause violence, although it sounds true, not all the time that’s the case of why people are violent but doesn’t mean that the argument is entirely wrong. Growing up, I wasn’t allowed to play shooting games because I had parents who would instill that into my head, that if I were to play a violent game that I would do that myself one day, so I stayed away from those games. Exposure to violent video games can desensitize individuals to violence and can creating a shift in their fantasy and reality mixing the two. By mixing the two it can cause an aggressive behavior with thoughts or feelings. For example, there was a child who recent shot his mom because she couldn’t buy him an item in a game called Fortnite called “v-bucks.” The child became so enraged that he grabbed a gun and shot her because of it. That’s one in stance where a violent video game can cause a child to indulge his or herself in horrible behavior. Even though this happened doesn’t mean that it happens to everyone that plays this game is going to become evil and violent. Mostly, which is proven, people adapt such behavior from family issues, mental health from bullying, or a bad environment around oneself.Games like GTA where you can shoot and kill innocent citizens, Fortnite, and Call of Duty where you can kill fellow players with the same weaponry being used, like Fortnite, are games that are prime examples that certain parents say what causes mass shootings and what not. But, have they realized that buying toy guns can also be the problem if they think that video games are the problem? Maybe considering certain movies they watch or being promoted in commercials for a young audience, those are considerable if you were to make an argument as a parent about violent nature of content being played. All in all, I not saying they are wrong, but sometimes saying that one thing like video games is always the reason is a little overreaching a tad much. Parents should be watchful of everything that their kids do.