About me

Hello! My name is Teresa Carlson and I am a current Junior at Longwood University located in Farmville, Virginia. I am pursuing my bachelors degree majoring in social work and am planning to pursue my Masters of Social Work at Virginia Commonwealth University in Spring of 2025. After my MSW, It is my goal to get my LCSW and become a licensed clinical social worker. Since I was a young child I always knew I wanted to help others and serve my community especially to those who are in need. I am advocate to individuals in need no matter their age; However, I am hoping to work with adolescent youth who struggle with behavior or mental health. I am a very outgoing individual who is passionate about the work I do. I grew up in a large family and I believe that it has helped me in grow into the loving, empathetic, and strong willed person I am today. Although my journey to opening up a private practice one day is quite a bit away, I am looking forward to all of the experiences and journeys that these next few years will take me.