Closing Thoughts

The weekly reflection journals that this course required were beneficial in my ability to grow as a leader and in my understanding of various styles and components of leadership. These journal entries forced me to seriously reflect on my own biases, styles, and motivations that contribute to my impact in a leadership role. Self-reflection is extremely important in Social Work to ensure we are behaving in an ethical and helpful manner. The self-reflection journals allowed me to push myself towards honesty so that I was able to grow as a leader and build more self-confidence through education and awareness.

Additionally, I thought the creation of personal and professional mission statements was very valuable. Just like making a vision board can bring a dream to life, having a broad statement goal can force someone to make easier decisions in order to take steps to reach that goal. I will continue to accomplish my mission statements by working towards separating the personal and professional statements away from each other so that I can prioritize self-care. I also would like to complete each of my objectives and create new ones as I age in order to continuously work towards living out my mission statements.