Research Experience

Reflection

My process for doing the academic research has changed tremendously since the beginning of the semester. Learning how to identify the unit of analysis and being about to code the data has changed the most. More importantly understanding how to do the best research. I’ve tried to use peer reviewed and scholar sources since they are the most credible ones. Additionally, I looked at some websites to gain more information also. When using those, I tried to make sure that the author is a credible source and the information used was properly cited. Another criteria I looked at was when the research was done and published. Due to nature of my topic, I am certain that recent research would be more convenient and valuable. I haven’t changed my sources a lot, but I have changed the way I used my sources and the information I extracted from them. One challenge that I encounter was Rstudio. While in Rstudio, I did not understand what the numbers meant that I was coding. This caused a lot of confusion, because I knew those numbers were important. By going back in my notes and reading the textbook, I was able to understand those numbers and use them correctly within my research paper. My confidence level and attitude has changed after doing more research and it has definitely changed in a positive way. In thinking like a researcher, it means researching things that you would want to find a solution to or make better. Also, you cannot go off of your feelings, but you have to get others opinions or feelings towards the situations.