Due by the usual class period on Wednesday, March 18th
*Please respond to blogging prompts in a new posting on your own blog. Please enumerate and entitle all of your blog postings in line with the posting assignment number and title.
One of the methods of rhetorical criticism you may choose to use in your Critical Essay #2 is the Neo-Marxist Perspective. For this blog post, you will respond to the following prompts and conduct a Neo-Marxist analysis. Please follow our course content and assigned readings on the steps for using various perspectives of analysis.
- For the artifact, you may locate an artifact that you could potentially analyze for your Critical Essay #2. Ideally, the full transcript or a portion of your selected artifact should be available online so that you can include its link in your posting. If not, find another way to describe the artifact and include in your posting examples from the artifact’s content. State the title of the artifact and its genre (film, etc).
- Briefly describe the rhetorical situation of your artifact to inform your readers about its content.
- According to the discussion in our textbook, what is the goal of using a Neo-Marxist perspective to analyze a text (an artifact)? How is it useful for analyzing an artifact? How does this goal apply to your selected artifact?
- Briefly examine (describe and interpret) your selected artifact through some of the major rhetorical concepts of Neo-Marxist perspective and by supporting your analysis with some descriptions, summaries, or quotations from the artifact content. You will provide a full analysis (should you choose to develop this blog posting) in your Critical Essay #2. This posting should just present some preliminary observations.
- Based on your analysis, make a few statements to evaluate the potential implications of your selected artifact.
Be ready to share your findings if prompted.