My name is Taryn Pullen and I am a Senior at Longwood University. My major is Liberal Studies with a minor in Children’s Literature. I am aspiring to teach Elementary School students. My skills included, working well with others, problem solving, and good communication skills. I have done a lot of researching in my life, so I have that as a skill as well. I am a positive person and I am always smiling and I love to laugh. I love to watch students grow in their education and see their light bulbs go off in their heads when they finally learned something new. I have always wanted to be a teacher since I was in Elementary School. I have always had the passion to teach because I have had wonderful teachers in my learning career and they have a special place in my heart. I strive to be a great teacher like them. My goal is to become an Elementary School teacher and teach either 1st or 2nd grade. One of my goals in the future is to get my administrative licenses so I can become a Principal.
This ePortfolio is to demonstrate all my work I have done throughout English 470. This class was very beneficial to me, because I got to experience a lot of new writing that I have never done before. I have accomplished many of the course outcomes for this class. I am well aware of how to write profesionally and create professional documents. I also have practiced my presentation skills and I feel more confident than ever. The class activities and course assignments that I got to do really helped me improve my professional writing skills and I can’t wait to use them in the future.
1) Analyze and produce writing genres according to the rhetorical situation of workplace contexts
2) Create professional documents that use plain English principles (to targeted audience)
3) Conduct research to create content for a variety of professional documents (memos, letters, reports, etc.)
4) Create professional documents that use design principles
5) Practice oral communication skills to present content effectively (enhanced with multimedia tools)
6) Participate productively in collaborative projects